Sunday, January 30, 2011

Library shelf with Drawers


Here is a one-photo preview of a bookshelf I'm adding to the A-line. The great thing about this particular version is that it is 7 feet tall! That means it holds loads of books. I will also have a version that is just under 4 feet with no drawers for the "constant mover" or college student. The two drawer fronts as well as the side panels (not shown) are chip carved which invites the viewer to feel the wood. The chip carving also provides an important visual contrast. The drawer pulls are low profile and made of a small loop of dark leather. I think natural oiled leather would be nice also.

Cherry again. I just really love the ever darkening color of it. I will have to devote a whole post to the virtues of Cherry. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment